The Penticton Public Library is proud to join hundreds of other libraries across North America by eliminating late fines on overdue materials.
- All existing overdue fines in all cardholder accounts are being cleared.
- Overdue fines will no longer accrue on borrowed materials returned after their due date.
- Borrowed materials will still have due dates to ensure timely access for all cardholders.
- Replacement fees for damaged or lost items will still apply.
Are you looking for other ways to support the library? Donations are always appreciated. Donations can be made in-person or online.
Penticton Public Library collects fees for lost or damaged materials. Fee revenue is used to off-set the library's operating costs.
- Materials that are 30 days overdue will be considered lost and a replacement fee will be charged to your account (loan periods can be seen here).
- Borrower privileges are suspended for those who accumulate account balances of $10.00 or more.
- If Penticton Public Library is unsuccessful in collecting overdue account balances, your account may be forwarded to a collection agency for payment. An administrative fee is added to any accounts submitted to collection agencies.
How to Pay:
Penticton Public Library accepts payments for fees in the following ways:
- In Person with Cash
- In Person with a Cheque made payable to Penticton Public Library or City of Penticton
Payment plans are available at Management's discretion.